AllPosters.com Showcases Top Trends in Wall Decor for 2009 Back-To-School Season
Leading Online Destination for Wall Décor Offers Students and Parents the Best in Dorm Decorating During its Third Annual $4.98 Poster Sale
SAN FRANCISCO (July 30, 2009)—AllPosters.com, the world’s largest online retailer of quality wall décor with more than one million items including posters, prints, and specialty items, today announced its top trends in back-to-school wall décor for 2009. Making the grade this school year are timeless images of classic rock and pop icons, blockbuster movie posters from The Twilight Saga: New Moon, and removable wall decals.
"Wall decor is an inexpensive way to express your unique style and transform any dorm room or apartment into an environment that motivates, inspires creativity and provides relief from everyday stress," says Gary Takemoto, senior vice president of merchandising. "This season, we expect prints from the Twilight series (including New Moon) to be huge hits for girls, while music-, surf- and skate-themed posters are expected to be the most popular choices for guys."
Here is AllPosters.com’s "Hot List" of what students will be hanging on their walls for fall 2009:
- Music – Classic rock remains timeless and has a new generation of fans. Vintage Led Zeppelin, Jimi Hendrix, Bob Dylan and Pink Floyd remain as hot today as they were 20 years ago. Nostalgic images and magazine or album cover reprints of pop legend Michael Jackson will be key favorites this fall. AllPosters.com has this trend covered, not just for dorm walls but also for the "student body," through a wide range of T-shirts featuring classic rockers such as The Rolling Stones, AC/DC and The Who.
- Movies – With New Moon poised to become one of the biggest blockbusters of the year, movie posters, images of cast members and related vampire art will be hot commodities. Film devotees also will be thrilled to learn AllPosters.com has more than 30 items promoting Twilight and the upcoming New Moon, including a 74-inch-tall stand-up of "Edward" (Robert Pattinson).
- Photography – Whether black-and-white or color, real-life images depicting far-off destinations and peaceful landscapes are essential for transforming a drab space into an exotic locale. Oversized murals are increasingly popular, as they can make small spaces (like dorm rooms) appear larger. Celebrated sports icons are favorite wall décor choices for student athletes, while history buffs may prefer AllPosters.com’s iconic photography collections from LIFE magazine and National Geographic.
- Fine Art – Museum-inspired posters and prints from Vincent Van Gogh and Pablo Picasso can enhance a budding artist’s sanctuary for as little as $4.98 each.
- Motivational Posters – To start the new school year on a positive note and remind students to stay focused, AllPosters.com offers new and exclusive prints with encouraging phrases like "Challenge" and "Never, Never, Never Give Up."
- Wall Decals – Easy-to-apply and reusable, wall decals are the perfect choice for expressing one’s personal style and adding dimension to a room, while avoiding the risk of damaging a wall with holes or tape. Fans of Kobe Bryant, LeBron James, Tom Brady or even The Dark Knight can pay homage with life-sized wall graphics. Hip and trendy phrases and decorative graphics are also available.
- Environment – Environmentally-conscious individuals also can make a statement by adorning walls with eco-friendly posters and messages, as select AllPosters.com offerings are printed on recycled/post-consumer paper which is sustainably-sourced, using soy-based inks.
Takemoto adds, "We recognize these are difficult economic times, and we hope that AllPosters.com’s $4.98 Poster Sale, timed in conjunction with back-to-school, makes it a little easier for those who are budget-conscious to still create a great space. This event enables students, parents and customers everywhere to obtain best-selling music, movies, photography, fine art and motivational posters at up to 50 percent off original prices, allowing anyone to decorate an entire dorm room on any budget."
The company’s annual $4.98 Poster Sale — offering consumers a savings of up to 50 percent on thousands of best-selling postersKruns from August 17 to September 7.
About AllPosters.com and Art.com Inc.
AllPosters.com is a division of Art.com Inc. Art.com Inc. is a leading authority in wall décor and the world’s largest online retailer of posters, prints, and framed art. Since 1998, Art.com Inc. has sold high-quality wall décor online to more than eight million customers – including home decorators, businesses, art collectors, and art lovers – in over 200 countries worldwide. The privately-held company is headquartered in Emeryville, CA, with facilities around the world. Its décor experts are always on top of the latest wall décor and decorating trends, and make them accessible to the everyday consumer by creating exclusive unique wall décor pieces that can’t be found anywhere else.. For more information, visit www.art.com and www.AllPosters.com. "art.com" and "AllPosters" are trademarks of Art.com Inc.