AllPosters.com Announces Top Wall Art Trends For 2010
From Movies and Music to Motivational Themes, Leading Online Provider of Wall Art Features Classic Posters and New Trend Items for Dorm Room Decorating This Year
SAN FRANCISCO (August 10, 2010) — AllPosters.com, a division of Art.com Inc., the world’s leading online specialty provider of quality wall art, today revealed its top trends in back-to-school wall art for 2010, offering many bestsellers and favorites during its fourth annual AllPosters.com $4.98 Poster Sale.
“Whether you’re decorating a new dorm room or on-campus apartment, AllPosters.com allows you to create a space that is as unique as you are,” says Gary Takemoto, senior vice president of merchandising. “This year, students are shifting beyond basic posters into affordable art prints and photography. We expect romance and classic artists such as van Gogh and Monet to be popular among girls, and motivational prints along with iconic movies, bands and celebrities to be big sellers among the guys.”
The following represents AllPosters.com’s second annual wall art “Hot List” for 2010:
- Affordable Art Prints: With sophisticated tastes more prevalent than in years past, timeless and affordable museum prints, including van Gogh’s “Starry Night” and Gustav Klimnt’s “The Kiss,” will grace the walls of female college goers
- Affordable Photography: Most popular in black and white (with an added splash of color in some instances) and showcasing trendy or exotic locations, scenic photographs complement any style and interest without having to spend a lot
- Motivational Posters: Hung above a desk, striking photographs illustrating motivational themes such as “Persistence,” “Grow” and “Imagination” will no doubt inspire any student to achieve throughout the school year
- Vintage Celebrity Posters: Marilyn Monroe and James Dean remain top choices when it comes to iconic figures of Hollywood. Other popular picks include Muhammad Ali and Audrey Hepburn
- Movie Posters: The Twilight Saga has seen continued success with “Twi-Hards” everywhere purchasing the Twilight: Eclipse poster. But this year, students are drawn even more to movies that have survived the test of time. Cult classic “Fear And Loathing In Las Vegas” is the top-selling movie poster, followed by retro films such as “Jaws,” “Endless Summer” and “The Godfather”
- Music Posters: There’s an interesting mix of old meets new when it comes to what’s hot in music this year. Young adults are going gaga (literally!) for Justin Bieber and Lady Gaga, the top two music posters on AllPosters.com, while classic rock bands Led Zeppelin and The Beatles remain favorites for both girls and guys
- Maps: Students can navigate the globe from their dorm room. Popular with teachers, too, classic and vintage world maps are both educational and decorative
- Humor: Beer pong. Dogs playing poker. Traditional college humor remains a big favorite for guys with tongue-in-check references to alcohol, girls, motivational posters, and anti-establishment themes
- Wall Decals and Wall Murals: As an alternative to posters, wall decals and wall murals are growing rapidly in popularity because they are affordable, easy-to-apply (and remove) and offer a variety of decorating options. Word art is very popular this year and can add a personal touch to any living space with fun, kitschy and motivational phrases and statements
- Affordable Framing: As opposed to tacking or taping posters to the wall, students are upgrading to lower-cost, high-quality framing options (such as AllPosters’ ready-to-hang Lamina frame), to create a more finished look without having to spend a lot of money.
“In these challenging economic times, we are pleased to offer so many of our top-selling posters at such great prices during our fourth annual Poster Sale,” continued Takemoto. “Also this year we will be offering a ’Daily Deal‘ where some of our favorite items will be on sale for $2.98 that day. Creating a great space doesn’t have to cost a lot and with an unparalleled selection of affordable posters and art prints, AllPosters.com truly is the one-stop shop for back-to-school wall décor.”
The company’s annual $4.98 Poster Sale―offering consumers a savings of up to 50 percent on thousands of best-selling posters―is going on now through September 8. The “Daily Deal” will occur every Monday and Thursday, where a few favorite selections will be on sale for $2.98 that day only. Customers can also follow AllPosters.com on Facebook at www.facebook.com/AllPosters and Twitter at twitter.com/AllPosters for additional exciting contests and promotions throughout the sale, including the ability to vote on the “Daily Deal.”
About AllPosters.com and Art.com Inc.
AllPosters.com is a division of Art.com Inc. Art.com Inc. is the world’s leading online specialty provider of posters, prints, and framed art. Since 1998, Art.com Inc. has sold high-quality wall art online to more than 10 million customers — including students, teachers, home decorators, interior designers, businesses, art collectors and art lovers — in over 120 countries worldwide. The privately-held company is headquartered in Emeryville, CA, with other facilities in Ohio, North Carolina and the Netherlands. For more information, visit www.art.com and www.AllPosters.com. ”art.com“ and ”AllPosters“ are registered trademarks of Art.com Inc.