Art.com Inc. Announces Top Interior Design Trends For Spring And Launches Virtual Decorator
Leading Online Destination for Wall Art Reveals Botanical, Metallic and Whimsical-themed Décor is Most Popular This Season
SAN FRANCISCO, CA (March 28, 2011)—Botanicals, the color plum and whimsical-themed décor are topping the list for spring interior design trends for 2011, according to Art.com Inc., the world’s leading online specialty provider of wall art. The distinctive looks were unveiled today as part of the company’s top five interior design trends for spring, which also include metallic and the combination of red, black and white. Art.com also launched a fun virtual decorator tool, http://virtualdecorator.art.com, that allows users to design their own space, select artwork from the spring design trends, and share their room via their own social networks.
According to a consumer survey recently commissioned by Art.com, nearly 80 percent of respondents plan to redecorate their home for spring. Furthermore, Art.com found botanical prints to be the most sought-after design trend with 42 percent of consumers indicating they would incorporate botanicals into their home decor. In other research, quality and affordability were identified as the two most important factors considered when selecting their décor
“Art.com’s sophisticated search and discovery tools make it fun and easy to explore our vast collection of affordable, high quality artwork and find the perfect piece to display in your home,” said Geoffroy Martin, CEO of Art.com Inc. “This spring, we have collaborated with interior design expert Susanna Salk to provide consumers with valuable tips to make their homes trend right for spring.”
“This season, refreshing your home doesn’t have to break the bank or become a chore,” said Salk. “Time-saving online resources like Art.com put the latest trends and an expansive assortment of high-quality, affordable wall art at your fingertips, giving you the ability to transform the interior design of your home with the click of a button.”
Salk’s recommendations include:
- Integrating Plum: Plum is an ideal décor accent because the color is both masculine and feminine, and choosing plum-based wall art provides an elegant and soothing touch to walls that are painted neutral. Mixing a variety of shapes and tones will create depth in the space and complement a variety of accents and furniture.
- Incorporating Metallic Accents: Metallic accessories add a subtle touch of luxury to any space and are especially ideal for the dining or living room. Showcasing metallic wall art on a dark, jewel-tone painted wall will create a look of stylish formality, while pairing metallic prints matte textures, paint and heavy woods create instant elegance.
- Adding Whimsy Elements: Adding wall art with a whimsical, light-hearted twist to a room adds casual appeal – perfect for the most inviting spaces of the home, such as the kitchen, sitting areas or hallways. Accent the collection by choosing different size prints or painting the walls with one of the accent colors in the artwork.
- Creating a “Pop” with Red, Black, and White: Selecting and grouping pieces within this crisp color scheme will create the appearance of a modern gallery or collection – ideal in a home office or bedroom.
- Bringing Fresh Botanicals Indoors: Botanical-themed interior décor enables you to play with color in a subtle yet elegant manner. Selecting a few framed botanical prints and resting them on a mantel or shelf, versus mounting them on the wall, creates new interest and can be easily enhanced by a warm-colored paint shade.
To learn more about Art.com’s spring design trends and to view the online spring design trends catalog please visit http://www.art.com/springtrends. To play with the virtual decorator application visit http://virtualdecorator.art.com/.
About Art.com Inc.
Art.com Inc. is the world’s leading online specialty provider of wall art. Our mission is to make art accessible to all by transforming the way the world discovers, personalizes, shares and purchases art. Since 1998, Art.com Inc. has sold high-quality wall art online to more than 10 million customers – including home decorators, interior designers, businesses, art collectors, and art lovers – in over 120 countries worldwide. The privately-held company is headquartered in Emeryville, CA, with other facilities in Ohio, North Carolina and the Netherlands. Its décor experts are always on top of the latest wall décor and decorating trends, and make them accessible to the everyday consumer by creating exclusive unique wall décor pieces that can’t be found anywhere else. For more information, visit www.art.com and www.allposters.com.
“Art.com” and “AllPosters” are registered trademarks of Art.com Inc. Other trade names and trademarks appearing above are the properties of their respective owners and are not used to imply a relationship with, or endorsement or sponsorship of us by, these other companies.