Art.com Unveils Innovative New Visual Search Experience and Changes the Way People Explore, Discover, Share and Buy Art
EMERYVILLE, CA (April 25, 2011)—Art.com Inc., (www.art.com) the world’s leading online specialty provider of wall art, today announced the introduction of two new innovative visual art search tools, Match My Image and Inspire My Discovery, that will change the way people explore, discover, share and purchase art. Both Match My Image and Inspire My Discovery use a combination of art expertise and sophisticated proprietary algorithms to sort through a collection of more than one million works of art and deliver images based on style, color, period, artist and more.
“Art.com has one simple goal – to make art accessible to all – and I'm thrilled that interactive tools like Match My Image and Inspire My Discovery take people on a fun and visually captivating journey through the amazing world of art,” said Geoffroy Martin, CEO of Art.com Inc. “From Van Gogh to Basquiat, art has the power to provoke, inspire and delight, and we're excited to continue to offer new ways for people to engage with art all around them – whether it hangs on the walls of their homes or appears on the screens of their tablets, smart phones or TVs.”
With Match My Image, users simply provide an image they like, taken at a restaurant, gallery, etc.
- Art.com will pinpoint exact and similar matches from the collection.
- Once a match or similar work of art has been found, users can learn more about the piece or begin exploring other works based on the following categories: more art from the designated artist, more art with similar color schemes, more art with a similar look, and more art from a related subject matter or theme.
- See what the chosen image will look like in an assortment of high quality frames and add it to the cart. The work of art will arrive ready to hang on the wall.
Inspire My Discovery takes art lovers on a fun and visually enticing journey in a few simple steps:
- Get started by selecting one of 16 art themes, including Abstract, Pop Art, Renaissance, Impressionist and more. Art.com will present initial artwork results from that category.
- Choose up to four images or/and a color from the results. Our technology will examine the color, artist, and style of each piece and deliver a new set of similar images.
- Continue your exploration by scrolling through interactive galleries of artwork results, selecting any image to further refine and refresh what you see or view in a slideshow.
- See what the image will look like in an assortment of high quality frames and add it to the cart. The work of art will arrive ready to hang on the wall.
Start exploring today www.art.com/visualsearch.
About Art.com Inc.
Art.com Inc. is the world's leading online specialty provider of wall art. The company was founded in 1998 with one goal – to make art accessible to all by transforming the way the world discovers, personalizes, shares and purchases art. From Water Lilies to Warhol and every style in between, the site's sophisticated visual search tools make it fun and easy to explore Art.com's vast collection of more than one million works. Art.com Inc. runs three sites in the USA – Art.com, AllPosters.com, and ArtistRising.com – and has a strong international presence with 25 local sites in Europe, Japan, Canada, Australia, Mexico, and South America.
Art.com Inc. is a privately held company headquartered in Emeryville, CA, with other facilities in Ohio, North Carolina and the Netherlands. For more information, visit www.art.com and www.AllPosters.com. “art.com” and “AllPosters” are registered trademarks of Art.com. Other trade names and trademarks appearing above are the properties of their respective owners and are not used to imply a relationship with, or endorsement or sponsorship of us by, these other companies. Art.com's new visual search tool leverages image-recognition services developed in collaboration with Picitup.