Art.com “Pops Up” Offline in San Francisco's Union Square
Leading Online Art Retailer Brings Best Collections to Brick-and-Mortar Store Along with Interactive Exhibits, Artful Gifts and Engaging Events
EMERYVILLE, CALIF. (Nov. 4, 2013)—Just in time for the holiday season, Art.com, the world’s leading online destination dedicated to experiencing and buying art, is today opening the doors of its first-ever pop-up store in San Francisco’s Union Square. Open through January, the stand-alone retail store is designed to inspire visitors while they shop, offering a unique opportunity to experience art through rotating exhibitions, interactive features, and engaging events. Customers can also shop artful gifts that complement the art on the walls, including home décor, personal accessories, kids toys, books, and more. The pop-up store brings Art.com offline—offering San Francisco residents and visitors direct access to Art.com’s online collections, custom framing studio, artists and design partners.
“We’re thrilled to host a unique and temporary brick-and-mortar experience for art lovers in our own backyard,” said Ivy Ross, Chief Marketing Officer for Art.com Inc. “In keeping with Art.com’s primary mission, we’ve created a space that enables our customers to discover and be inspired by the art they love.”
The Art.com pop-up store includes:
- Rotating Exhibitions: Immerse yourself in two different collections of curated art images, “The Art of Color” and “Eye on Nature.”
- Inspiring Insiders: Discover galleries curated by Art.com’s guides to great art, including iconic designer Jonathan Adler, Design-Milk.com founder and artist Jaime Derringer, interior designer Steve Justrich, and Pantone Color Institute Executive Director Leatrice Eiseman.
- Featured Collections: Explore exclusive art by celebrity photographer Nigel Barker, San Francisco-based artist Rex Ray and the Art.com Now + Juxtapoz collection, as well as highlights from the Condé Nast and Pop Ink! collections.
- Inspiring Spaces: Find art to fit any style through interior décor vignettes including man cave, modern, natural, bold, and even art for kids’ rooms.
- Mobile Apps: Dive into a self-guided art experience through Art.com’s wildly popular iPad app, artCircles. Learn how to print photos directly from your Instagram or camera roll and turn them into art with Art.com’s Photos to Art iPhone app.
- Design Bar: Receive hands-on assistance from our design experts to find and custom-frame your perfect piece. Experience first-hand the quality of our top-selling frame and mat offerings.
- Real-Time Projection: Get inspired by art that is trending in real time through Art.com’s Community feed, which will be projected in the store.
- Merchandise: Shop artful gifts that complement the art on the store’s walls, from home décor and personal accessories to kids toys and books. There’s something for everyone on your list.
Art.com will also host a full calendar of events at the pop-up store, including several with BOMBAY SAPPHIRE gin:
- Edible Art: Recchiuti the Chocolatier (11/11): Meet famed chocolatier Michael Recchiuti and savor edible art adorned with iconic imagery from Rex Ray while learning more about Recchiuti’s creative direction.
- Inspired By: Condé Nast Collection (11/19): Shawn Waldron, Senior Director of Archives and Records at Condé Nast, will discuss the publishing house’s iconic images that have shaped fashion and lifestyle photography from the pages of Vogue, Mademoiselle, Vanity Fair, The New Yorker, GQ and House & Garden. Artfully crafted Bombay Sapphire cocktails will be served throughout the evening.
- Meet and Greet: Nigel Barker (11/21): Celebrity photographer and host of The Face will share the inspiration behind his Art.com photography collection during this intimate meet-and-greet. Bombay Sapphire specialty cocktails will be served throughout the evening.
- Live Colorfully: The Bold Italic (12/4): Join the online San Francisco magazine for a night of DIY crafting and colorful cocktails.
- Family Ornament Collage Workshop: Petit Collage (12/7): Spend some quality family time crafting beautiful handmade ornaments with your little ones. Also peruse the Petit Collage trunk show to stock up on favorite toys and gifts.
- Modern Art Desserts: Caitlin Freeman (12/10): Meet author and Blue Bottle Coffee chef Caitlin Freeman during an evening of delicious conversation, champagne and Mondrian cake tasting to celebrate her new cookbook.
- Meet the Artist: Mario Wagner (1/6): Get up close and personal with an in-store, original work of art created by local artist Mario Wagner. Learn what inspires him and this particular work as he’s introduced by one of his fans and co-organizer of the Art.com Now + Juxtapoz partnership, Evan Pricco, Editor-in-Chief of Juxtapoz Magazine.
- Ink Your Resolutions: Justin Kerr (1/14): Act on your New Year’s resolutions! Join Justin Kerr, founder of Black Sheep Postal Service, for a hands-on screen-printing workshop. Afterwards, send your handmade resolution cards to friends and family to keep you motivated.
To RSVP and see the evolving event list, visit http://www.facebook.com/art.com/events. Stay updated by searching #ArtDotCom on social media channels.
Art.com’s pop-up store is located at 117 Post Street (at Kearny Street), San Francisco, CA 94108. The store is open Sunday-Thursday, 11 a.m.-7 p.m. and Friday-Saturday, 11 a.m.-8 p.m. You can reach the store directly at (415) 956-2571.
Art.com is the world's leading online destination for experiencing and buying high-quality wall art. Offering the largest selection of handpicked art images, as well as custom framing, specialty printing, and interactive visualization tools, Art.com helps everyone explore, experiment with and express themselves through artwork—and have fun doing it. At Art.com, customers can also shop curated collections from tastemakers and trendsetters. Art.com is forever leading the way art is experienced and consumed—through service, technology and craftsmanship—to help people find art they love so they can love their spaces more. A division of Art.com Inc., Art.com is based in Emeryville, Calif.
About BOMBAY SAPPHIRE
BOMBAY SAPPHIRE® gin is the fastest growing premium gin in the world and world’s number one premium gin by value. BOMBAY SAPPHIRE is created with a unique combination of ten hand-selected botanicals, sourced from around the globe. The brand’s global essence and signature vapor infusion process impart a refined and perfectly balanced taste, versatile enough for both classic cocktails and exotic recipes. INFUSED WITH IMAGINATION®, BOMBAY SAPPHIRE is a symbol of the exploration of worldly and sophisticated lifestyles. For more information, please explore www.bombaysapphire.com.
BE BRILLIANT AND INSPIRED. DRINK RESPONSIBLY!
©2013 BOMBAY SAPPHIRE AND INFUSED WITH IMAGINATION ARE TRADEMARKS.
IMPORTED BY THE BOMBAY SPIRITS COMPANY U.S.A., CORAL GABLES, FL. GIN - 47% ALC. BY VOL